This is the Life of a Redhead



Friday, December 11, 2009

Top Films of the Decade

List time!

So the decade's wrapping up, and being a self-proclaimed cinemaphile, I had to think about my top 10 films of the decade. This is an extremely hard list for me to make. I'm very picky when it comes to film, and I don't think I'll ever place these movies quite right. But, as of now, here's my list. This may change before the New Year, and I'm sure it'll drive me crazy all the while.

10. Spirited Away (2001)
9. Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
8. Lars and the Real Girl (2007)
7. Moulin Rouge! (2001)
6. Adaptation (2002)
5. The Counterfeiters (2007)
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
3. Wall-E (2008)
2. The Royal Tennenbaums (2001)
1. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

honorable mentions:
Talk to Her (2002)
Waitress (2007)
Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
Notes on a Scandal (2006)
There Will be Blood (2007)
Thank You for Smoking (2005)

Best year for film in the decade: 2007

2 comments:

miss morgan potts said...

Definitely agree with Pan's Labyrinth, Eternal Sunshine, Wall-E, O Brother, Little Miss Sunshine, and Thank You for Smoking; haven't seen any of the rest but clearly we have similar taste in film I definitely will soon.

I'd also recommend:
The Lives of Others (2007)
Requiem for a Dream (2000)
Caché (2005)
Funny Games (remake) (2008)
Good Bye Lenin! (2003)
The Jacket (2005)

Hadrian said...

The Royal Tennenbaums and Eternal Sunshine are two excellent choices. I need to see Wall-E and O Brother again... and need to see Spirited Away for the first time.

I was not a fan of Pan's Labyrinth (though everyone disagrees with me on that), and as for Moulin Rouge: you are such a stereotype of yourself.

Lars and the real girl was... okay.

Miss Morgan is right about "Good Bye Lenin!". "Funny Games", though... I don't know. It's certainly interesting, but I don't really know if it's even good. From what I hear it's extremely true to the Austrian original, at least.